Followers

Convalescence and Gladioli






   Of all the times to be sick, the weekend before the beginning of school is not the best. It started with my spectacular end to my sister-in- law's birthday party, where I fluctuated between lying on the floor and throwing up. Not the winding down of the party she'd had in mind. After a very long trip home, I made it to the sofa where I have been 'relaxing' for the last two days while the hum of school preparation buzzed around me. This afternoon I managed to drag myself out of bed to eat something and sketch the flowers my husband had brought me. The reason for this sudden burst of activity has to do with the homework for the online natural history course I am taking, who's theme this week is leaves and flowers. I finished the flower assignment and managed to post it.



  Tomorrow the children will return with the lists of supplies they need and I will venture out on a mad shopping spree to restock such necessities as buttons, erasers, glue and other essential items. but for now I am again resting with a cup of tea and thinking about drawing leaves... Let's see if I make it or not.

 Check back in again on Tuesday for another 'regular' post. I am sure I will be back to my usual self by then, in the meantime I wish everyone a happy back to school tomorrow.


To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.



Comments

Popular Posts