Followers

A tree grows in Eggenberg



 


It has been a while since I posted and an entire month (!) since I finished this tree. Funny how quickly time passes when you are busy. Just before the beginning of the school year I spent a few hours each morning in the park of Schloss Eggenberg. There are quite a few ancient trees, and several that while not ancient aren't exactly young either. I anticipated being able to draw on every day or two for a week but the rendering ended up taking significantly longer than I expected. I managed one. 

 

 I was able to block in the shapes fairly quickly- this is the end of the first day:

 

Spent a while on the base of the trunk where there has been some insect infestation:






Once the base was more or less defines I started working my way upward, taking the branches and arms of the tree in turn:


 

Finally got the right branches defined:

And then to final details:




I hope you enjoyed watching the drawing develop. I matted it and gave it to my husband, who is rather fond of trees, as a birthday present.


 
 
If you liked this you might also enjoy: 
 
 
 
 

To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.

And if you haven't watched my  skillshare class have a look at at it:

 skillshare class information or go straight to skillshare

 

Comments

Popular Posts