Followers

I am on Skillshare!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    As many off you know I have been working on a large project this past month and a half. Well- It is finished and I am happy to be able to start talking about it. 

 

   I am not a particularly tech savvy person and as such the idea of doing a lot of digital work has been continually daunting, however I decided to take the plunge in January and teach a monthly zoom art workshop. Thanks to my immensely patient and kind students, I was able to work up the courage to produce a more permanently available course. 


   Over the last several weeks I have created my first Skillshare class. The subject is one that I have taught as a zoom class, 'How to create a time capsule sketchbook'. 

  

 

  I have tried out so many new things with this challenge, filming myself, using a separate microphone, editing/cutting, etc... I realize that for so many people these skills have become a standard part of modern life, but I am feeling particularly chuffed to have managed them and actually produced something watchable. On the 12th of May I published it on Skillshare. It is not perfect , first attempts rarely are, but I hope it will be helpful to those who watch it and inspiring to sketchers. 


 

 

   My theme is, 'How to Create a Time Capsule Sketchbook'. This has been an idea that has been developing over the past year and a half as we have been through several lockdowns. I created a number of sketchbooks, and looking back at them I realize that they capture a unique moment in history- in my history. I am flooded with memories as I flip through the pages. Worries, hopes, fears, dreams, expectations... It is my hope that I can inspire other artists and creative people to capture part of their experience in an artistic 'time capsule' sketchbook.


   If this sounds interesting to you, I encourage you to check out my class. It is on skillshare under the title, 'How to Create a Time Capsule Sketchbook' accessible with this link: https://skl.sh/2Qhuodh 

   Skillshare is a subscription platform with a yearly fee of just under 100 euros. As a subscriber you can access all of the classes. I have been a subscriber for a year and have taken several classes. If you would like to view my course without paying the subscription fee you can do a free trial. Just be aware that you have to actually cancel or it will charge you the yearly fee. It doesn't automatically cancel:) I found this out by accident. Although I don't regret my subscription. I believe it is worth it, but want to be transparent with my readers.

   I hope that you will check out my class and if you like it will press the like button and leave a review. It would be awfully helpful to me. I hope that it will encourage you to use your creativity to capture a snapshot of a period of your life you wish to remember. (It would even make a wonderful gift).

To see inside some of my sketchbooks from this year click on the links below:

- Invalide sketchbook

- the danger of a single step 

The soft lockdown in sketches 

 

 

You can also keep up with me on Instagram and facebook: 

Instagram:

@sarahloeckerart 

@tea_in_the_studio


Facebook:

Sarah Loecker Art

 I hope you will love my first Skillshare class-
https://skl.sh/2Qhuodh

 For those of you in Graz: I will be having a day of open doors in my Studio on 29 May 2021 from 10:00-18:00. I would love to see you there. 

Körösistrasse 6, 8010 Graz










To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.  





 


Comments

Popular Posts