Followers

I am back




   Sixteen days, very little internet and almost all of Italy. As many of you know, I love Italy. The country, the food, the people, etc..., etc... So when we were invited to a wedding in the south this year, planning a road trip that would take us on a grand tour was a pleasure. Having just arrived back home to the cooler temperatures of Austria and a computer that connects me to my virtual life within seconds I am still basking in the afterglow of the trip; fortified by a refrigerator full of food bought just before crossing the border. Thinking that I would have enough time to paint I zealously brought acrylics, brushes, canvas board, an easel, watercoulors, sketchbooks, and a pouch of pens and pencils. I will share what I used and what sat untouched in the car in a future post but in the meantime it will be enough to say that I was overambitious in my preparations.






   We traveled from here to Padua and then on to Siena, Rome, Caserta, Pompeii, and Taranto on the way down. We then stayed near Ostuni for the wedding, making a the return trip in a few jumps to Alba Adriatica, San Marino, and finally Grado.



    It was interesting to be able to compare and contrast the various regions within a single trip and to pinpoint some new favorite places. I will do posts on many of these locations, treating each location with the detailmindedness it deserves but today I just wanted to resurface and say hello. Below I have included a few snapshots of my trip.









 Detailed posts will start appearing this weekend so don't forget to check the blog in the coming days. My involuntary break was wonderful but I look forward to being able to share some of my adventures and sketches with you.




To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button. 

Comments

  1. Welcome back! Looking forward to your Italian posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, I am looking forward to seeing some of yours, too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts