Followers

The danger of a single step

 

 

 

 A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Or turned around, one might argue that a journey of any length can be ended by a single step. A step like the one I took last week.

 

What happens when you combine an artist, a studio floor, two feet and a chair? 

 

My husband picked up some sport gel from the apothecary. Of course it made it into the sketchbook.

 

 Well, In my case, the artist walks across the studio, the front leg cramping up as the weight is put on the adjoining foot, and the chair becomes an immediate support for said artist. Next up... a spot of the sofa for the next week.


  Who knew walking could be so dangerous, and painful?! That was about 10 days ago. 10 long days spent sitting on the sofa and occasionally hobbling around the house. 10 days of netflix and a bit of sketching. 10 days of ruling my household with an iron fist from my couch- or at least giving it the old college try. My commands rolled off of my childrens' backs like water off so many ducks.

 

  Today, I feel for the first time that I can actually walk on the level semi-normally (stairs are still difficult). And I am emerging from my enforced convalescence eager to get back to work.

   Although I wasn't really able to do much actual work over this past week I did manage a few autobiographical sketches in my sketchbook. I am sharing them here with a few notes since I haven't managed blog posts for a while. These are primarily just fun sketches with no particular rhyme or reason to them. What I saw, What I did, what I ate... the slow live on the invalid. But it is wearing off! Hope you have enjoyed this peak into my sketchbook.


The page below includes the beautiful neclace that hangs on a basket on top of the wardrobe in my livingroom. I could see it from my spot.





Well, that was my week- how was yours?



 

To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.

Comments

Popular Posts