Followers

Sennelier


In a recent post I shared the beautiful Parisian Art shop, Charvin. Today I am sharing the other of the two lovely shops I visited, Sennelier. This one was actually not a surprise as I have known the brand for a while, and actually had it on my traveling agenda. There is one main large Sennelier shop in a very touristy area along the Seine river but there is or are smaller shop(s) in tucked into small back streets. This is the one I ended up visiting as we stumbled upon it after emerging from a tour of the catacombes. It was fairly small but also fairly full.

One of the differences between this shop and the other one I wrote about is that here the offerings comprised many good quality brands and products. Obviously there were more products by Sennelier than there are at other shops such as my local one, but they were still not in the majority. This small shop was filled with open stock of individual items, pencils of all kinds, erasers, ink, pigments, sharpeners, and all sizes of handmade paper neatly tied into bundles.


It was a great place to focus of colour and pigment. I bought a few earth tones aquarelle tabs that I am looking forward to using in landscapes and monochromatic work, as well as three Japanese inks.
  







This is also where I picked up the water soluble graphite and sketchbooks.






Here is a glimpse of a few of the other shelves. It was well worth a browse and it wasnt until I has left that I realized that she forgot to ring up the paper. Oh well, I guess that is something for the next shop.






  This is a short post as I am soon off to Urban sketching soon and will be attending a botanical illustration seminar on Friday and Saturday. I am adding one more workshop to my tab at the top of the page. It will feature winter botanicals. If you are in Graz, have a look and see if it is something for you.

Keep your eyes out for the weekend post which should appear on Sunday with information about how you can order a painting of your home just in time for Christmas.


To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button. 



Comments

Popular Posts