Followers

Urban Sketching Sketchbook tour- Paris

   During my trip to Paris I had the opportunity to sketch with the Urban Sketchers Paris group. I feel like I learned a lot from them both sketching wise as well as organizationally. They are a very large chapter and since we are a small chapter it was fun to see how they operate. I am putting together a post of the sketch crawl they hosted. It will be on the blog soon, but in the meantime I thought I would like to share the sketches I did on this trip.


These are fairly quick sketches done while sitting at cafes or around Paris and I unintentionally forgot to add any major landmarks. Maybe I will go back and do a few sketches from my massive photo collection to finish out the sketchbook. 



Airport and View from the plane window as the sun came up:


Lupicia Tea house:


Our Air B and B studio:


 The arches in the passage of the Place de Vosges:

Breakfast:




View from the cafe where we met for the beginning of the sketch crawl:





 One of the passages on our crawl, behind the Theatre des Varietes:



The globe lamp with hanging geranium outside our lunch spot:



The Tea salon Damman Frere- so convieniently located at the scene of the crawl:



A small, one room, vegatarian restaurant near the Marches Les Puces:



And finally, a late night cup of tea on the flight home:



 It was a fun trip and although I didn't get that many sketches done I had a relaxed wander around Paris over the long weekend.



 To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts