Followers

Winter Botanicals Workshop at Oma's Teekanne Cafe





Long overdue are a few behind the scenes photos of the winter botanicals workshop at Oma's Teekanne Cafe here in Graz. This was the second of the two I did there during Advent. One of the fun things about this cafe is that it is a 'vintage tea bar' which basically means that they place a high value on sustainability and upcycling. Many of the workshops offered there use vintage or reusable materials and all of them should be in some way or other fairly sustainable.
In this workshop I used a variety of papers left over from various projects to create beautiful ornaments and gift tags with my students.













As is usually done in my watercolour workshops we worked in layers from light to dark refining and adding detail as the illustrations progressed. There were some beautiful pieces that resulted.





As this workshop was also open to children there are a few non botanical, colourful pieces in the photos above. These turned out really well. the kids did a great job.









 To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.






Christmas is just around the corner- I have a few posts I would love to write but I also have a lot of things to do, including relaxing after a very busy month. In the meantime I hope you have a wonderful Holiday week and finds time to relax and enjoy it with people you love.

Comments

Popular Posts