Followers

Christmas is coming to the studio- minisketchbook and christmas cards

  
My laptop is forever suspended in a state of disassembly atop our printer. Tiny screws carefully placed inside of the housing, lay aside the small screwdriver intended for repairing glasses. And so, I continue to rely on my desktop, conveniently located in the library which also serves as our guest room.

Today, hiding from the -4 degree chill I sit here catching up on a few things as my sister's train speeds across Germany on her way home from a pleasant week long visit. The library was her room, and the large screen of the desktop in contrast to my phone is a delightful experience.
I have spent the morning getting a few things done. I have one or two Autumn pictures I finished or am finishing before the snow falls. And I have been working on a tiny miniature sketchbook of Christmas ornaments and such over the last week or so. Today I will be sharing the little watercolour objects in that book.




 These started as ideas to incorporate into cards, specifically those cards I wanted to create during the Christmas card workshop I did last week. I have focused on shiny objects as well as a few other textures and color combinations.























 I have also started on a larger A3 sized nutcracker which will hopefully be one of a series. Lets see how it goes time wise.









 For those is Graz:

A few winter botanical Christmas cards are at the Rosa's Art stand on Mehlplatz if you are looking for a handpainted original Christmas card for someone special.




Time is also running out to register for the winter botanical Christmas ornament workshop I will be doing on the 15th of December. It will be suitable for children and adults and costs 30 euros. All of the details are in the 'workshops' tab at the top of the page or just send me a message if you are interested in joining in.



 Still looking for an original present? There is still time to get a painting of your home: More information here.



To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.


Comments

Popular Posts