Followers

Urban Sketching boxes are ready to go out

   A big roll of paper lolled across the table as I fought with an oversized square trying to fold it into what had looked, in my mind, like a neat origami-esque dual pocket envelope for the sketchbook and writing implements. It rolled, crinkled, and ended up looking like a piece of rejected homework discovered in the bottom of a child's backpack. I unfolded it, and folded again, ignoring the fact that I now had multiple creases... slightly better. Again I adjusted it, it would have to do, I crumpled more paper into the box and layed it carefully on top. Not quite how I had pictured it in my 'unboxing' fantasy but safe and not horrible... Fast forward three boxes and my hands are deftly folding pockets into large squares of paper while I tuck water brushes and pencils into them. I have long since rejected the crumpled pieces of paper and am upcycling those sleek little air pockets that arrived with the clipboards this morning. They are wondful. I dont know whether I would buy them, I try to reduce disposable plastic where possible but upcycling is ideal.




  The clip boards have arrived, the paint is dry, and it is time to assemble the boxes.In the last post I showed everything I had recieved up to that point, today I would just like to share a few more pictures.


   When looking at paint options I wanted to provide a paint that actually had a certain quality. There are so many cheap watercolours on the market. I opted for Schminke tubes. This is one of my brands of choice and the fact that I was sqeezing them myself rather than buying prefilled pans meant that I could include more colour on each pocket sized palette. I chose 11 colours. They are ones that I use often and are well suited both to mixing and to using for sketching.






After that I made little bundles of the water brushes and tissues which will come in necessary while out and about. I also tied the fineliner and pencil together and attatched washi tape to both. I had originally intended to just add one roll but they run out so quickly that I added two.




My stickers arrived and so I added one of each  to each box along with two water colour postcards.



Once the supplies where put together the course content was printed. This is the section where I introduce the subject matter and give clear concise information about how to do urban sketching. each packet consists of about 10 to 12 pages of information as well as a list of prompts to get you out there sketching.  This is what those cute little clipboards were for.







And that's it- the first boxes are ready to ship. My cat thoroughly enjoyed this process. she chased twine, tested out the boxes as I folded them and generally made a delightful nuisance of herself. If you want to order a box but have a cat allergy please let me know and I will make one up in the gallery, a place she doesn't go.









There are still 5 boxes available. If you or someone you love would like one please let me know. They cost 35 euros plus shipping unless you are in Graz and would like to pick yours up. you can reach me by email at sarahjloecker@gmx.at

For more information I include the original post here.




I hope you are safe and healthy and having a pleasant late spring (or autumn) wherever you are.


   On Thursday I will be posting a short guide on how to find and buy original art no matter what your budget. Make sure to stop by the blog if that is a topic that interests you.




To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.

Comments

Popular Posts