Followers

Quick landscapes in watercolour- another workshop in a book



   As several of you know I have been working on a few skills over the past few weeks, (has it been months?). Utilizing my workshop in a book method which I recently wrote about. Check out the post here. In this way I use books I already have to create a mini workshop for myself to hone my skills.

 
   The particular skills I have been working on are colour blocking and quick landscapes. I bought a book a while ago entitled: How to paint landscapes quickly and beautifully by Nathan Fawkes. His compositions are effective and as the title suggests, quick. Although I haven't spent as much time with his book as I did with the book on painting trees, I have been trying to apply a few of his principles. I am hoping that these small sketches will improve my larger studio paintings.




   All of these A4 size watercolours are of places I have been. As with most of the world I am primarily inside, working from photos, but thankfully I seem to take hundreds everywhere I go.








   Some of these have been easier than others, in general they have been enjoyable. If you are looking for a free way to hone your skills I recommend this method whole heartily.





If you liked this post you might also like:






   Not interested in a self imposed workshop and would prefer something more structured? Why not try out my 'Workshop in a box'? A box of supplies and directions put together to give you an introduction to urban sketching, whether practiced indoors or out. for more information check out this post.




To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.

Comments

Popular Posts