Followers

Natura et Animal- Vernissage at uptown Art


    With the beginning of the lockdown in March many of my plans evaporated. Exhibitions, Markets, and several other things were cancelled. Plans were delayed and life got a lot slower. About a month ago, as things were opening up again I was not sure to what extent life would begin to return to normal in terms of art. In June I slowly started getting back into the studio and lining up small projects. It has been like starting to train again after a sport injury, slowly flexing and extending the muscles, embracing the twinges because of how good it feels to use them. Comunicating with Valerie from the gallery I was able to confirm participation in this show.


   Last Friday was the venissage of the exhibition, 'Natura et Animal' at Uptown art Gallery in the city center. About 7 artists contributed. Four of my pieces are included in the collection of presented work. They are natural history style paintings of birds on vintage sheet music. As the exhibition opened one had already been sold and three were still available. If you are in Graz and want one they will be there for the rest of the month.


   It was odd attending a vernissage at a time like this. It took place outside on the street with a bar set up inside where people could pick up drinks and bring them back outside. People took turns going in to look at the artwork on display. I had a quick look and took pictures of a few of the other pieces.
Here are two of the four pieces I contributed. The music is a waltz, the perfect mimic of the cheerful singing of my garden full of young birds.




I am including some of the other pieces on display.

Isn't this a great dog? I like it quite a bit. The artist did it in coloured pencil



Looking out at the group:






I think my favorite were these large animal paintings. They inpired me do a few animals this summer. Lets see if it works out.



And here is the window display. My other two birds are in the lower left hand corner.




If you are in the area and would like to stop by the gallery you can check out my birds in real life. I also have posters available for people who like prints. And now on to the next project! I hope your summer/ or winter is starting as smoothly as mine and that each of you is able to spend time relaxing and recovering some of the energy that has been taken up over the last few months.


To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.

Comments

Popular Posts