Followers

Upcoming Workshop: Urban Sketching at Home- creating an illustrated journal of a unique time

    

 

 

 

   As many of you know I spent quite a bit of time with my sketchbooks in 2020. I participated in an urban sketching challenge put up my the Urban Sketchers London, as well as creating weekly challenges for Our own chapter of Urban Sketchers Graz. Through this experience I learned, inadvertently, several things that work and create an interesting page as well as several things that end up looking rather dry and boring. 



 

   Our current lockdown is supposed to be lifted at the end of January and I have scheduled a small workshop in my studio. In this workshop I will be helping participants create themes and lists of interesting items or experiences to record as well as dealing with the individual page layouts. We will create a sample layout in the workshop which will hopefully serve as inspiration for the creation of an individual illustrated time capsule. 

Below are a few of the pages from the first lockdown. They capture the sudden stillness of the city and I can feel that quiet when I go back through them.

The small moments of happiness as spring begins to unfold, taking neither heed nor care of the turmoils of mankind.



And of course the time spend in the library:



The routines involving household management changed as well.







If you are in Graz and interested in joining the workshop it will be held in my studio (location upon registration). Send me a message.

- Saturday, 30 January 2021

- 14:00-16:00

- 25 Euros per person

- All materials included



   If you would like to participate in one of my workshops but are not interested in an in person event, you can purchase a Stamp carving 'Workshop in a box' for 40 Euros plus shipping. It contains everything a workshop would with the added bonus of all of the supplies. 

I hope that whether you choose to join the workshop or not, this post inspires you to start your own sketchbook during this unusual point in time.




To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.

Comments

Popular Posts