Followers

My venture into Zoom workshops

 






   One of my new adventures this year has been Zoom workshops. I realize that I am a bit late on the bandwagon but after putting it off a while I decided to just give it a go. While I will admit that I am a novice, and while I hope and pray each time that Zoom will cooperate and that the participants will actually be able to see my drawing, I have been fairly happy with the outcome so far. 

   On April 24th I will be offering my fourth zoom workshop of 2021- Lets paint a butterfly. I have been making these workshops available at the reduced price of 15 Euros since I want everyone who is interested to be able to attend. 

   In January we planned time capsule sketchbooks which was really fun, and definitely a currently relevant topic, but yielded few process photos. Lots of planning was done and I loved the ideas that my participants came up with. So many creative solutions and challenges. 

   In February we painted a realistic feather. It was a bit daunting for a few people at the beginning but the results were really lovely! I was impressed by the quality of the results after only a few hours. My cat proved extremely useful in selecting the right feathers for the workshop.


 

   In March we practiced wet in wet techniques with watercolour to paint a branch of magnolia buds and blossoms. It was the perfect nod to spring. Beautiful, lively, colours and a fun time. 

 
   In just a few weeks we will be painting a butterfly. It will be the most fun but perhaps the most challenging so far. The reason it will be challenging is that I will have to be even more flexible and ambidextrous in my simultaneous handling of camera and paint brush than ever before. Fingers crossed.


   
 
   If you would like to join this or any of my upcoming workshops just send me a message and I can make sure you have the necessary details. 
   One of the really enjoyable aspects of this venture has been the ability of multiple people from different regions to participate in a joint activity. I am thankful for this little benefit that Corona has given us- it is one of the silver linings.
 
 
   I wrote a post at the beginning before I had done my first Zoom workshop, if you would like to see that I am sharing the link below. (You will notice that it was planned as an in person event).

 
To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.   

Comments

Popular Posts