Followers

Book recommendation- The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady by Edith Holden

 


   

  One of the many books that has been on my wish list for ages has finally made it into my library. I am surprised at its resurgence in popularity, especially amoung instagramers. It seems that many Instagramers of a certain age (younger than me) have a copy that they use as a prop in still life photo shoots. As an illustrator I love the way in which the author documents the changing of the seasons. The fact the even the winter months are beautifully illustrated is a credit to her observation skills and detail mindedness.

She has a great balance of plants and animal life.

 

   Originally prepared as an example for her students it remains a great ideal for illustrators such as myself. I also really enjoy the poetry selections interspersed with the observational notes. 


 

  My copy has a lovely binding that I really appreciated when it arrived, unfortunately I dropped it on my foot only two days after it arrived rendering the corner damaged. It is not as beautiful as before but still a lovely thing to browse, especially at breakfast. 


   If you are looking for a beautiful book as well as a source of creative inspiration I can highly recommend this book.

For more book recommendations check out these posts:

Hokusai

Roses by Rosie Sanders 

Basilicata Terra aqua fuocoe cuore d'Argilla 

Views of Paris

Venice

 

To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.  

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts