Followers

Cafe Life






Cafes are like a second livingroom. A place where you can be together, yet alone. A place to relax, read, work, or meet friends. A place to sit and enjoy. In fact the cafe is so livingroom like that it often surpasses the actual livingroom. I know of many people who, when meeting in town, choose comfortable cafes where they can sit, possibly even on sofas, relax and enjoy their time together. These same people, who when inviting one another for a coffee spend the entire time sitting around the table leaving such luxuries as plush furniture to their lonely plight in a distant quiet livingroom.










  I for one enjoy working in cafes and have been consequently on a quest to discover new, to me, cafes near my home. A creature of habit I am the stereotypical 'regular', going to the same places, ordering the same things, and generally sitting where I like to sit. But I also love to travel and to discover new cities. I don't think most people can travel as much as they would like to. Real life so often interferes with the life of frivolity and pure pleasure that we embrace while traveling. I am no exception, and that is the reason that I christenned 2018, the year of Cafe discovery. So far I have been to quite a number of interesting and delightful places, playing tourist in my own town.


  When finding a new favorite cafe three things are important to me, is the tea good, do they have nice desserts, and is it comfortable for drawing. Given this list it will probably come as no surprise that I love to paint or draw desserts. I am slowly building a small collection which I hope one day to use as a basis for a collection.




Do you have a favorite Cafe? Are you a regular? What do you think is the most important element in determining if a Cafe is great? Leave me a comment.


  To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.

Comments

Popular Posts