Followers

Stamp Making


   Last autumn I joined a linoleum cutting and printing course with a botanical theme hosted by a printers guild at an old printing press in the area. The course was held by a friend and it rekindled my interest in both linoleum cutting and also the printing part. The result being that I have been meaning to do something printing related for a while.


  Last week I tried a new (to me) product. A gummi/ foam type mat used for stamp making, I think it is called a Stemplegummi soft carving block. It is probably basically the art supply world glombing on to the idea of carving plastic erasers into stamps by creating a sheet of eraser like material. I bought one such sheet for a stamp making morning with kids, hoping it would be easier than linoleum to cut. I have done linoleum cuts with them in the past and their little hands are not as strong as is needed to make really nice cuts. They managed it but it was very difficult.








   This block was like butter! Working with it was so easy that the kids where making stamps faster than I could keep up with them. Because they needed so little help on this project I even had a chance to make my own stamp as well.


   I will definately be using this product again- so fun.


   Do you have experience in this area? Leave me a comment.

  To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.

Comments

Popular Posts