Followers

My Very First Urban Sketching Sketchbook Tour










I love Italy, and it is thereby fitting that my first urban sketching sketchbook should have been created while on holiday there. I ordered the sketchbook (three of them actually) well in advance and left them in my illustration supply cabinet until my trip, using only postcards and watercolor paper before departure. It wasn't easy, but It was definitely worth it. I intended to fill the book as I traveled around my vacation region but found that since it was quite small I was able to fill it completely at our agriturismo alone.

 The breakfast room which is in what was once the barn is such a pleasant place to sit and look out while eating. Each of the large pots is filled to the brim daily with water to keep the oleander flourishing.


As a larger group, we were lucky to get a large table more or less permanently reserved for us in a position from which it was easy to choose motives to draw.



About five minutes away, at the other end of the farm, there is a very nice pool which we spent a decent amount of time in and around. Looking out the vineyards on the hill are visible as is the restaurant, stables and a little bit of wood including a couple beautiful cypress trees.




This sketch is of the exterior is slightly less detailed than the others as it was intended to be a sketch for a later painting.   (See end of article).


On the last day, I sat out sketching the rabbits while the children fed them.




And here is the resulting painting:



  Do you do art on holiday? Do you buy art on holiday? Leave me a comment.

  To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.

Comments

Popular Posts