Followers

Back in the saddle

  Laundry in the machine, a box of Christmas ornaments on the dining room floor, homework spread across the table, schedules hung. The earth has once again begun to turn and during these first slow rotations before the rollercoaster ride recommences, I am taking the chance to slowly ease into my studio routine. Paintings are half done on the easel and my to-do list needs updated but before I start on those things I am taking a little time to draw, sketch or paint the last few Christmas items before I put them away. One of my goals for next year is to have a set of Christmas themed illustrations available as prints or cards during Advent. In order to do that I am trying to prepare the paintings now so that I will only have to take them out and start the scanning and ordering of products in November. I am almost done, perhaps one more ornament, and a few other small objects.




   My neighborhood florist was kind enough to lend me two Amaryllises for a few days and I have taken a bit of time to paint them before I have to return them to her. Below are the three illustrations I have done so far.









I now have four of my own ornament pictures to make into prints or cards








as well as two small centerpiece urban sketches.



One or two more items and I will be able to happily move into January. I hope that there will be a little fresh snow by then so that I can do a couple of nice winter landscapes.

  I am also creating more storage in my studio at the moment- When it is done I will do a little photo tour here to show you how I set it up. I am really looking forward to having everything more easily available.


 I would like to say a big congratulations to Narges N. for winning the Buffalo Print. She drew this ornament for the draw with me challenge. I will be giving her the print next week.

No photo description available.





 What about you? Are you able to slowly ease back into your routine or did it start again at full speed? Let me know in the comments.






To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.  

Comments

Popular Posts