Followers

My sketching kit for the US



   I have not flown anywhere for several years. Ah, the plight of motherhood. Not to say that I haven't been on holiday, I have. But normally to my beloved Italy. Which thankfully isn't all that far away.

  My sister is getting married this month, however, and I am therefore packing my bags and preparing my art supplies to go to the wedding. Air travel is obviously a bit more cramped than our car so I have had to carefully evaluate what to bring. The result is quite a small sketching kit which I can carry with me in my handbag.




   It took a while to decide on a sketchbook. I have several good ones but either the covers were too delicate, or they were too large or small. In the end, I broke down and did what I should have done a while ago and went and bought a smaller version of my favorite sketchbook.




 I put all of my additional supplies in a tin which fits together with the sketchbook in a plastic sack. I can just throw them into my handbag this way without too much fuss.






 One of the things that have been bothering me recently is that my most used watercolor paints were divided into two small tins. I brought both boxes of every time I went out. For the trip, I combined them all into a pencil tin from the Red Cross museum in Solferino, Italy. A nice reminder of the place every time I sit down to sketch. I had to do a swatch of the colors this time as well since they are all mixed from being move.









 In terms of pens and pencils, I took a small pouch with 3 pencils, 2 fineliners, an eraser, a water brush and 2 other small paint brushes. I also have a mini sharpener for the drafting pencil.




   The other things in the kit are two watercolor pans, washi tape, a glue stick, a sharpener, and a clip to hold the sketchbook open while drawing.









This may not seem like a ton but I have heard that there is a huge art store near where I will be. I am really looking forward to buying a few supplies to test out while I am there. And hopefully to find new products to bring back with me.







To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.   


Comments

  1. ok i have change the values n nw its working thanx
    but i have another issue
    actuallyi want this code in my project where m nt using imread function rather using load funtion, which can take any user specified image at run time
    then wat changes should i made to this code to set path of image??
    m beginner in matlab n want dis help for my final project
    plz help :(paint by number kits

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts