Followers

Weekly 'Urban Sketching at home' Sketchbook update- Part 2




  This week I managed to finish five double page spreads. We had shockingly cold temperatures and even snow. But as everyone was home anyway and time was abundant, we were able to enjoy several cosy evenings.






 1. The library-
   In this spread I tried a new technique in which I created a more flowy background and worked the details of the objects into the flow. If you are curious about which art books are on my shelf zoom in, Several are annotated on the spines of the book.




2. Our living room-
   As I do so much work in the dining room, and use shelves to house materials, prop up canvases and store specimen we enjoy having a relatively blank canvas of a livingroom. At the moment the coffee table is covered in the second 1000 piece puzzle done this week.






 3. Documenting our substantial tea delivery-

   My children have been raised right, or so I thought, and have begun to consume about as much tea as I do. The result being that my stash was depleting far to quickly. I love high quality loose leaf tea but in the morning or when I am working late in the evening, a strong cup is called for. Looking online for an option I found that I could order either small boxes of about 100 tea bags (or less) or a large catering size one of 1100. I chose the later. It arrived, gloriously, this week and I had to add it to my sketchbook. I have pictured it here in the armchair for scale.





 4. China cabinet -
   I have two matching china cabinets in the dining room, one of which has all of my drawing supplies, the other of which contains a variety of dishes and mementos. I have included two pots that I received as gifts in the past. The dried bay leaves in the smaller one are from our last trip to Italy. I put them there to keep them away from our very curious cat. The feathers are from the same cabinet and are usually also out of her reach.





 5. Perfume etc...
  Yesterday's Painting of our dining room cabinet inspired me to capture a few more items that I love. Here are a few item's that are mine- Perfume, pearls, a candle holder. And of course, my new tea cup (Christmas gift) which hasn't made it into my sketches yet.










   I hope everyone is safe and doing what they can to enjoy the free time we have been suddenly granted. I am truly enjoying creating this sketchbook. How have you been spending your time while at home? I would love to hear in the comments.

I also moved the calendars to a less convenient location for the foreseeable future...


To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button. 






Comments

Popular Posts