Followers

Creating a quarantine sketchbook- Urban sketching at home




   It has been a crazy couple of weeks as we have uncertainly watched corona virus cases increase and have slowly begun to react, not by increasing but rather by decreasing our activity levels. Children met fewer friends, adults did fewer activities, our pantries filled up, and my studio was quickly restocked. Last weekend a general quarantine was put into place keeping us at home with only a few exceptions. The children are studying from home which means that although theoretically this is the studio time of my dreams I am getting a lot less done than originally anticipated. However, I do have ongoing projects and my studio is still open to take on projects the turn around time is just a bit longer.



Today I would like to share a new project with you. It is not a specifically original idea of mine but I like it and think it might be enjoyable to others as well. I will be creating an urban sketching at home quarantine sketchbook.


A week ago I bought a 'few' paper items, to tide me over.  One of the sketchbook will be my new 'quarantine' Sketchbook. I am really looking forward to filling it with images of my home and street as well as memories of this time.



Urban sketching focuses is capturing a specific location at a specific point in time. I have a feeling that this point in time will be historic. I look forward to being able to flip through my own documentation of it in the future.

 Would you like to join me in creating a time capsule sketchbook?  Here is what you will need:


- A sketchbook



 -Any drawing or painting supplies you have at home:



 - A lot of time on your hands... Just kidding.



 Take a few moments to walk around your house looking for interesting things that you would like to include.

- Try to capture the view out a window or a few different windows.





- Do you have a garden or terrace? Find interesting plants or perspectives.



 - Look for indoor collections of objects such as books, decorations, or dishes that are interesting or describe this point in your life.



- Treat your rooms as mini-landscapes. 

And take the chance to sketch in the fresh air if you can.

If you create your own sketchbook dont forget to hashtag your pictures with #uskathome



 I would love to know if you have done any urban sketching at home- leave a comment and let me know.

If you enjoyed this post you might also enjoy:
- Urban Sketchers Paris sketch crawl
 - Paris Sketchbook
- Graz Sketchbook
-First indoor sketching event of Autumn


To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.     

Comments

Popular Posts