Followers

Urban Sketching at home Sketchbook preview- part 1




  The first few pages in my 'urban sketching at home' sketchbook are finished and I wanted to share them with you in order to inspire you to begin, or continue your own. We have now been quarantined for a week and it is going fairly well. Not so much work has been getting done but I have been enjoying spending time with the family and have even managed to get a few household projects done as well.

 Page 1:  I included the supplies I often use on the inside of the front cover. My pallet, brushed, and teapot are well loved items.











 Page 2: The view from my window











 Alongside the portrayal of the empty streets outside my window I have added a quick dolphin which I based on a photograph of a dolphin sighted in Italy. I was so surprised that there were dolphins on the coast of Italy.




  Page 3: The Magnolia tree- we have been very fortunate to be able to sit out on the terrace everyday for lunch. Up until yesterday we had wonderful weather, today it has been surprisingly cold.






 After Lunch on Friday I stayed outside a bit longer and added the blooming tree to my sketchbook.




 Here is the spread. I am really enjoying watching the blossoms opening day by day.









 Page 4:

    The final page I have done is of my cabinet of natural curiosities. Ever since I started doing natural history illustration I have been fascinated with seedpods, shells, bark, etc... They tend to fit neatly into all of the little sections of the drawer.


 I have been enjoying the sketches of people's homes around the world. So I am trying to provide a few glimpses of mine in my sketchbook.









    That is all for now. Are you keeping a journal or sketchbook? I would love to see what you are including in it. I am writing a little bit in mine to include memories for me and my family of this time.

 If you create your own sketchbook don't forget to hashtag your pictures with #uskathome









If you enjoyed this post you might also enjoy:

- Not quite urban sketching
- Step by step Landscape illustration
- First indoor sketching event of Autumn

 To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button. 

Comments

  1. I like this kind of sketches "taken from daily life" so much...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts