Followers

Dove of Peace- Step by Step Process

    It has been ages since I posted and so  much has happened. I changed my courses to online over the various lock downs and social distancing periods and with doing so much online I found that I was overwhelmed with screen time. Thus I decided to give all of you a break as well. Now I have so many things to share that I think I will have several posts to write in the near future.


Here in Graz the weather has been constantly changing. The temperature is steadily climbing, interspersed with bouts of rain, snow and fog, resulting in a wonderful feeling of spring. The days are getting longer as well. A bonus for urban sketching and working by daylight generally. 

 

 

 

We are in the pre Easter week long school break which has given me a bit of time to work in the office. And I have been busy posting workshop dates, urban sketching meet ups, and scanning sketchbooks created over the past two years. 

But enough catching up, lets get down to the subject of today's post. One of the things I have done since the beginning of the year is to become involved in an illustration group and agency. Through the organisational efforts of the ladies who run them I am participating in a project in which several of us are painting doves which will be turned into magnets available at a local neighborhood festival. These 'friedenstaube'/Doves of peace are an initiative hoping to spread a wish for peace to those who attend.  

Here I am sharing the process photos for the creation of my dove. I hope you like it.

I decided to paint the dove on Papyrus and chose goache as it is 'white enough' to be visible.

  I used a warm palette of corals and browns to do the detail work.

Once the Bird was basically done with the exception of the detail layer I started painting in the olive branch. This is painted from my own mini olive tree at home.

The colour of the leaves needed livening up on the papyrus background. So I added a more verdant green.



The detailing on the dove and the leaves made a big difference. I rather like this dove and am very much excited to see it in magnet form.




 

 If you liked this post you might also like:


-Three Peppers Illustration

-Jelly Fish in Gold

-Japanese Maple Leaves 

 

 

 



To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.

And if you haven't watched my  skillshare class have a look at at it:

 skillshare class information or go straight to skillshare

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts