Followers

April Favorites- Spring has arrived



Is April already ending? Hard to believe, I feel like I just wrote March favorites. Ok, maybe I was a little late on that one.



   Spring has finally come to Graz and flowers are everywhere. The gardens are filling in and although both the magnolias and cherry blossoms are gone there is botanical inspiration everywhere.






 April started out rainy, affording ample opportunity to dive into nearby cafes and do a bit of sketching.




   We also took the chance to go to the Botanical Gardens for a bit of indoor Urban Sketching which is something we had been wanting to do for a while. Right after our sketching session, we packed up our exhibition, 'Drawn to Nature' and moved it to Tamsweg. That was a long day but a fun one as well.



I did another Long night of DIY painting animal portraits at Oma's Teekanne. I think it may be time to do a  full length workshop there soon.







   My hand- painted Easter eggs were featured on the Stadt Graz Instagram account during the week leading up to Easter and Kaspar Harnish's Instagram account on Easter Sunday.






 The Easter break was a chance for us to take a few day trips and enjoy a bit of the outdoors. 

Klagenfurt:





Gamlitz:







Easter:












   Looking forward to an event next month I uploaded my 'Melody of the Skies' series to 'oh my prints' as well as sending it off to the printer. I get to see the proofs on Monday, I am pretty excited.








NHI course:

   And last but not least I signed up again for the natural history illustration online course I participated in last October. This was a hard decision since it is extremely intensive and April and May are always very busy. I am glad I did though. It has been very enjoyable and I have been really enjoying sketching outside as Spring unfolds.







What were the highlights of your month? Did you try anything new? Let me know in the comments.

To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.

Comments

Popular Posts