Followers

A beautiful book- one of the ways to incorporate more art

 

 

  Today I just wanted to share a beautiful art book which I have had for a while. It is a collection of works by famous Japanese artist Hokusai. I had the privileged a few years ago of visiting an extensive exhibition of antique Japanese woodcut prints, including a copy of 'The Great Wave'. The collection on display took up the entire first floor of the museum and was separated into subcategories ranging from domestic life, to clothing, wars, and so much more. 


 One of the things that appeals to me about (at least traditional) Japanese arts and crafts is the way that simplicity it paired with beauty. I also appreciate how designs and colours often appear to be separated from one another by either space or heavy line work. This lack of blending has a certain charming orderliness. I appreciate as well that individual items intended for daily life are created to be asthetically pleasing, a reminder that routines can be both beautiful and practical. 


   I bought this book in the museum gift shop during the exhibition. It is covered in printed silk and tied closed with a ribbon. The pages are folded so that there are no raw edges visible. Have you read my last post about incorporating more art into your home? One of my ideas was to buy unique art books- and this is one of mine. I hope you enjoyed having a glimpse into it.

  By the way, the tea in the cup is a hibiscus tea from Zanzibar brought to me by a friend. If you want to see some of my  tea breaks you can check out  my brand new additional instagram account: tea_in_the_studio.

 

If you enjoyed this post you might also enjoy these other books: 

- Studio 

- Drawing Insects

- Basilicata Terra aqua fuocoe cuore d'Argilla




To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.

Comments

Popular Posts