Followers

The Soft Lockdown in Sketches- a flipthrough




Autumn leaves are falling and the air is getting colder. As most of you know the soft lockdown has become a regular one. In last weeks post I shared my prelockdown sketchbook pages and today I thought I would share the ones created during the soft lockdown. I am nearing the end of the sketchbook and the next post in this series may finish it out. 

 The children carved a jack-o-lantern for halloween. We enjoyed using it as a lantern on the mantle.

The page to the right commemorates the tragic attack on the day before the lockdown began.


 

 Schools are still open so we made sure that we had enough cloth masks. The ink pads also arrived for comparison and testing for the upcoming Workshop boxes. I was able to choose and make my order.

 

 

 

 

 

An effective immunization has been found and named. Today's news was indeed something to remember. I have included a sample dose in the sketchbook. The counting of the election in the US has also been on many peoples mind this past week or two.


Martinitag or the Festival of St. Martin is generally associated with the eating of goose and lantern processions. When the children were younger we spent a great deal of time preparing for the lantern festival. We also put out several lanterns at home. This year they lit two lanterns and set them in the windows for those who had to be out at night.


 

 

   I have been running errands this week, winter boots, jumpers, leggings, and a book for everyone. My sack from the art store was so heavy that I fairly collapsed upon arriving at home again. While out I also managed to pick up fresh flowers, chocolate and cheese. A few treats to save up against the time at home. I added them to my sketchbook while watching the latest press conference.

   And lastly I checked my stock of candles and matches. This was one of the things we ran out of last time. We have enough.



 The sketchbooks I have created this year aren't fine art, but I think it will be interesting to look back at them years from now, Lord willing, and remember this time. The year we stayed at home.

If you would like to see the previous pages visit these links:

- Part 1

- Part 2

- Part 3 

 To see other urban sketching sketchbooks including urban sketching at home sketchbooks like this one click on the urban sketching tag on the side of this post.


 Check out my Workshop in a box here- it will be available next week!



 

I will be once again offering special Christmas house paintings for 50 euros plus shipping (Contact me be e-mail if interested). Here is a post from last year with more information:

-Painting of your home

I am also willing to paint you an individual botanical watercolour illustration for 120 Euros plus shipping. (contact me by e-mail if interested). This might be the perfect gift for the avid gardner, cook or nature lover on your list.



To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts