Followers

Gold, ink, and Linoleum- A christmas combination



 

   Druckzeug, the group who run the antique printing presses, hosted a holiday workshop where the participants could create linoleum cuts and then use them to print Christmas cards. On the day the list appeared I signed up. Thankfully I didn't 'think' about it as the workshop filled up that day and spilled over onto two other workshop dates. This doesn't surprise me as playing with antique machines and DIYing your own cards is a heady combination.






   I wanted to plan a little ahead and decide what I wanted to make, but as life so often is, the last couple of weeks were very busy. So I arrived with a children's picture book of snow and the vague idea that I would make a snow crystal. I should really have prepared a little more since I am not that thrilled with how it turned out.





   However, results aside, the workshop was a blast! We listened to Christmas music and ate mandarines and Christmas cookies while cutting and then went downstairs to the machines where we donned printers aprons and got to work on the messy part.






They prepared gold ink for us which looked beautiful as well as gold dust which added extra shine to the cards.









The cards need a little more time to dry so we left them there and will pick them up later this week.
I can definitely recommend this workshop to anyone in Graz, next year. Below are some of the other participant's cuts.




The workshop hosts, Jana Grabner and Anita Lili Haxhija, did a great job.

Have you ever used old printing techniques? Have you attended a Christmas-themed linoleum cutting workshop? Did you like it? Let me know in the comments.


To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.  

Comments

Popular Posts