Followers

Nature's Treasures- Inktober project

Inktober, That brainchild of Jake Parker, began in 2009 as a challenge to develop positive habits such as daily practice and technique development. As the name suggests the material used is normally ink. Over the last 9 years, Inktober has become a worldwide fixed point in many artist's calendars. Even artists who don't usually use ink in their work branch out for the month of october and have fun.
  This year was my first time joining in the challenge. My original intended subject was medicinal herbs but due to the amount of time and intensive work required for the natural history illustration course, I didn't have the capacity to produce such detailed works simultaneously. Thus they are coming up in the next batch of work. Either in November or January depending on a few current projects.
  While some participants of Inktober go with a list of prompts, I chose not to do this as I wanted to have a cohesive theme of drawings at the end of the month. Instead, I decided to go with a small and simple project which I entitled, 'Nature's Treasures'. These were a series of small ink drawings of natural elements such as seed pods, shells, berries, etc... that I have been collecting off of the ground either in the last few weeks or have had in my shelf since collecting them in the last few months. These are in a mini sketchbook and turned out rather nice in my opinion. I have even thought of having the book printed as a small gift book. I will see if there is any interest in it.

  So, Now that it is November first, October is officially over, and with it Inktober. Below I have added the 31 drawings I did for my mini sketchbook. I had to catch up on five yesterday, as there were a few days in between on which I didn't manage to do an Inktober drawing. and they added up without my conscious knowledge.

   For those of you following me on Instagram, you will have seen most of these over the past month. For the rest of you- here they are together.

































Did you participate in Inktober? Did you use prompts or go with a theme? Let me know in the comments.

To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.  



Comments

Popular Posts