Followers

Out and About- urban sketching sketchbook tour

This morning I had a seminar on Urban Sketching with the International Women's Association here in Graz. We met at a local cafe and together sketched our surroundings. It was a fun morning and a lot of really great sketches resulted. I may at some point post the results together but that will be in a future post. Since I was leading the group I didn't actually sketch myself during our stay. I did, however, prepare a simple accordion sketchbook as a visual aid. I am sharing it with you today just for fun. This is different than the observational drawing type of Urban Sketching I usually do and falls more into the realm of visual storytelling. In it, I document my daily round of errands. I hope you enjoy it and are inspired to create something yourself whether it be a spontaneous layout like mine or a carefully planned and executed, detailed piece.

The Sketchbook is a handmade one I put together this summer while doing a project with my children, I hadn't found an opportunity to use it until now. I am pretty happy with how it turned out. The small origami frames with the linoleum print cutouts where just a whimsey back in summer.








Here is the front:















And here is the back:










Have you created a visual journal or sketchbook? Let me know in the comments.



I post three times a week; Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button. 




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts