Followers

Vintage inspired DIY Valentines card





    I am planning to be involved in a long night of DIY projects in the near future. My job is to create Valentines cards. As the place that is hosting the event is very vintage/ upcycling minded I have been trying to think of things that they might like. As a result, I decided to do something with the vintage inspired robots I have been painting. If anyone wants to try this out you are welcome to.





First I blocked in the basic robot shape in grey


The areas that need to be lighter are then lifted out while it is still wet





I went around the edges again in black to create a more concrete shape




 I used a pencil to quickly add details such as the heart and bottons





Since this robot is modeled on the old metal ones I am sticking to a color scheme of turquoise, orange, and grey. The first of these is turquoise which I applied relatively liberally all over, highlighting the general form again.




Once the turquoise elements had been done I began to add the orange. Since it is not transparent I am able to paint directly over the other colors.


Once all of the colors were present I went in with white to add a little light to the reflective areas and filled in the details of the eyes and mouth.



At the end the black highlights were added.








   A frame in black and touched up outlines make it pop.







And there you have it, a robot valentine that can be painted in 30 minutes. Let me know if you like it and if you try it.
 If you try it and post your results tag me @sarahloeckerart


I post three times a week; Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.  


Comments

Popular Posts