Followers

Long night of Valentine's Day themed DIY - Preparing




   Tomorrow a local tea shop is hosting a long night of DIY and artsy projects with a Valentine's Day theme. I will have a table there where I will do watercolor cards and small illustrations. In order to help the evening flow smoothly each of us who are participating are preparing a few example of the projects in advance for the participants to use for inspiration. I started with a vintage style robot, which I particularly love, and have been playing around with a few more bohemian style motives. Since this is not my usual style I found it surprisingly challenging.



   The criteria is that anyone, regardless of previous art experience, should be able to recreate it in 30 minutes or less. The atmosphere of the cafe is vintage/ whimsical/ bohemian/ upcycling and  I therefore decided to add two other pairs of images, the first of these is plant/terrarium themed. I used a turquiose, fresh green and pink palette for these. I added a multicolored feather to further the bohemian theme.




The second pair utilize a brighter palette. A lantern and heart shapes wreath these are the 'cosy' images. I used deeper, warmer colors such as yellow, orange, and pink in these two. Again I included a feather to tie the collection together.






  I feel that adding these to the robot has given a broader scope to the project. I am curious to see what people will come up with and what will appeal most to the participants or whether they will create something completely new altogether.



So what do you think of the designs? Should I add another? Would you change something? Let me know in the comments.





If you are in Graz, come by and try your hand at a Valentine's day creation. We will be at Oma's Teekanne.
Here are the step by step instructions to make your own robot. If you make one don't forget to tag me #sarahloeckerart





To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.  

Comments

Popular Posts