Followers

Women's day exhibition



   Women's Day is coming up and with it a local cultural center is hosting an exhibition of local female artists. I am excited to be included in the exhibition and will be contributing 3 pieces, two acrylic paintings and a watercolor/mixed media piece.











This afternoon I have been preparing the pieces to go. The paintings only needed to be dusted but I framed and matted the watercolor.

Moon over Mexico- Sarah Loecker Art

Warbler- Sarah Loecker Art


Tribute to the unseen women- Sarah Loecker Art


   Although, this is a glimpse into the preperation of the pieces I will do an entire post on the exhibition itself so look forward to that later in March. For some reason I had it in my mind that today would be Fasching, the Austrian celebration of Carnival. I was all ready to write up a post about it, but I am a week off. As a compensation prize, I picked up Krapfen, a typical treat, on the way home.




  On a personal note I just booked a ticket to go to the US to see my family for the first time in a few years. It is going to be exciting! After the initial excitement of thinking about seeing them again I realized that it will also be an opportunity to buy a few North American art supplies. I don't know what is available but I am excited to find out. If anyone has a favorite item that they think I should try let me know in the comments or a message.

If you like this you might also enjoy seeing my Simple Pleasures Series

 To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.  

Adding this at the end because I noticed it as I pulished this. It is Post number 100! Yay!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts