Followers

February Favorites


   While the beginning of February found me floundering aimlessly and forcing myself to settle down and do some real work, the end has arrived with a list the length of my forearm, a barrage of assorted projects simultaneously jostling for attention. And with this renewed activity comes the realization that I have actually both accomplished and indulged quite a bit this past month.


   My favorite things this month have been personal pleasures, several the result of a weeks vacation from the ever-busy school schedule.




Shopping- 

  For art supplies, that is...




I had the opportunity to visit two art stores I haven't been to in a while or at all- one in town but well out of my daily loop and the other in Maribor. At both of these, I bought a few 'new to me' products and I already have a few new favorites among them.

Extra Urban Sketching outings- 




   Although there is an official monthly meet up, a friend and I met several times spontaneously throughout the week off. One of these outings actually led us to the art store.





 Workshops- I did a couple of workshops which were very enjoyable this Month.

 Urban Sketching with the International Women's Association:




Stamp making with Jana Grabner:





Valentine's Card in Watercolor at Oma's Teekanne:






New Supplies- 


   Animal sketches on handmade paper- One of the items I bought was a small package of handmade paper cut into small rectangles. These are really fun for a project I have been thinking about doing for a while. Drawing some of the animals we saw at an outdoor zoo in Zürich last year as well as some of the ones in Vienna.





Black paper with white chalk- this is immensely fun! I have just played with it quickly, I have yet to create any sort of actual drawing. Fun for March!




The Moth Migration Project-  I found out about this project a couple of weeks ago and will probably do a whole post on it at some point. Suffice it to say, I registered and here is my Moth:






Time with family- We had a lot of pleasant outings here at home and in Slovenja this month.


Maribor:










Cozy coffee breaks together:







Mystery dinner:












Out and about:








Our Drawn to Nature Exhibition ends this week and moves on to its new home in a doctors office about an hour from here. It was a fun one. Time to make room for something new.


I hope you have had a wonderful February, Let me know what some of your favorites were in the comments.


If you liked this post you might also like:
January Favorites

 To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.  


Comments

Popular Posts