Followers

Schloss Lustbühel- So close and yet so far away




   A week or so ago I was thinking about time generally and realized that this spring I have lived a decade in Graz. It was a funny realization as time seems to have gone fairly quickly but also as it makes Graz the city/location I have lived the longest in my life. Ten years isn't terribly long but it is long enough to feel fairly comfortable anywhere. And although, as a creature of habit, I generally live in my own viertel , I feel very much at home in this small comfortable city.


   That spring 10 years ago as we were looking for a place to live one of the houses we viewed was just outside the city limits near Schloss Lustbuehel, and though the house was in a shady dip in the hill and didn't interest us, the schloss next door was lovely. We were there this past weekend and I decided to feature it in a post since it is a wonderful place to go for a walk outside of the bustle of the city.




   The pastural landscape lends itself to landscape painting motives- yes, I took a lot of reference and inspiration photos, and of course there are a lot of animals. The young lambs were frollicking in the pastures.



   If you love to draw and paint nature as I do, or just to take walks it is a great location to visit. My visit this past weekend was a combination family trip and a chance to scope out the land as a potential Urban Sketching meet up location. I am happy to say that it is perfect for sketching and is definitely on the agenda for a meet up.









  Have you been to Schloss Lustbuehel? Do you like sketching in rural as well as urban environments? Let me know in the comments.









In honor of ten years in Graz I have been taking pictures of some of the less often seen areas of my lovely city and posting them on Facebook under the hashtag #hiddengraz. Have a look if you want a little look around corners and into courtyards off the beaten path.


To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.


If you liked this post you might also like:
- Schloss Eggenberg- the world behind the wall
- Nix wie 'raus







Comments

Popular Posts