Followers

May highlights









   Day three of a four day weekend in which we not only stayed at home, we also did practically nothing. After a busy month of birthdays, weddings, events and our anniversary, I am enjoying the laziness of having nothing planned. It has also been an exceptionally cold month here which makes the lovely, sunny weather on this first day of June all the more pleasant.










   My 'Melody of the skies' posters were a central theme for me artwise this month. They first appeared at the Mother's Day Market, then made an appearance at both the Kunst, Chaos, and Inclusion Fundraiser and the 25th anniversary gala and auction of the International Women's association.










- Kunst Chaos Inclusion




  It was greating being part of this evening of music, storytelling and art. The organization it went to support is a new one begun by a friend of mine. It is fun to see her brain child take off.


 












- IWA 25th Anniversary


  A year ago I joined the International Womens Association at the gentle nudging of another friend. The gala this month included many of the founding members, it was fun to see several generations of ex-pats all in one place. Best of all, previously unbeknownst to me, some of the procedes are earmarked for a project headed by our old friend and neighbor who works with traumatized refugees.













- Urban sketching




   Another first this month was our cooperation with Annenviertel for our monthly Urban Sketchers meet-up. Our Urban sketchers chapter is less than a year old and this was the first cooperation, so... Very exciting!











- Finished course




  As any of you who follow me on instagram will know, I did the Natural History Illustration online course again this spring and finished it with a grade of 92 percent! I am very happy and thankful I could manage it. April and May are busy months so carving out the time was a challenge but well worth it.













- Slovenia wedding


   Simon and Mateja, friends from Maribor invited us to their wedding last weekend. It was a great party and I enjoyed observing some of the differences to weddings here- eg, you line up and give the presents to the bride and groom personally. If you love the cultural posts and getting a glimpse into other cultures look out for a wedding post in the near future.


















- Ptuj
On the way home from the wedding we stopped at Ptuj where I took a ton of reference photos that I can hardly wait to turn into paintings or sketches.






















- The Terrase is officially open


   Yesterday, on the first warmish day in a while we had tea outside on the terrasse. This morning I had breakfast there. Our magnolia tree reaches its now leafy, green branches over our table from one side while a maple grows up over the other creating a treehouse like effect on our first floor terrasse. I never had a tree house as a child, nor did I ever think of wanting one, but I do remember with great fondness an old willow tree inside whose curtain of hanging branches I made a 'house'. I have always loved willows and now with my tree-house like terrase I experience the same feeling of looking out from my slightly shady green lit world, half secluded but not locked in.
  Trees, of course, come with birds, and this morning a small sparrow stole half my croissant!














Well, That was my May, how was yours? In many areas of the world it signals the end of school, if you are enjoying the first days of Summer, I wish you wonderful relaxing hours.


 
 

 
 To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.
 
 If you liked this post you might also like:
- April favorites- Spring has sprung
- March Favorites









Comments

Popular Posts