Followers

Lion stamp step by step process









 


My sister-in-law is an integration teacher which means that she helps those children whose german is not yet good enough to keep up with their primary school classes. They are in her class for a semester or two while they work on the german language abilities and are then reintegrated into their own classes. She asked me to make her a stamp of a 'friendly' lion to stamp on the final paper of the children who were finished with her group. Here is the lion, waiting to be sent to her. 

 
 Having carved the main lines of the face I did a quick test print to check it.

 



 The sides needed a bit of evening out and then I drew the outer edge.



 After cutting the outer edge I cut out the whole stamp.



 I think her idea is charming and am glad to have made this 'friendy lion'. The only downside is that she wanted it to be a bit smaller but due to the mane and all the hair it turned out to be fist sized- oops! Sorry, Doris- if you see this. I will be sending it out on Tuesday.



To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.

Comments

Popular Posts