Followers

June highlights- Life without a computer





   June was a busy month for me, though unfortunately not one where I accomplished a lot. My laptop broke leaving me without a computer in may and although I hoped to have it repaired in the quoted two weeks, it still hasn't been returned. In sheer desperation I bought a desk top, something I have needed to get for a while now and never have. I have had this computer for almost two weeks now and have been busily installing things and trying to get caught up with the many small things that I rely on my computer for daily. One of those things is my scanner. Scanning artwork makes it possible to create prints and use my work online. My scanner was installed, finally, last night. I sighed with relief when I had finally re-scanned three urgent items around midnight. The data is once again available to me and I am able to begin again on a few projects I had to put on pause.






Sketchbook:

   Not having a computer has been a mixed blessing and curse this past month. For one thing I was able to do a lot of experimenting, and projects that due to their time intensive and non virtual nature had gone by the wayside recently. One of these was the development of a new and 'sloppier' sketching method which I hope to later implement in the form of sketchbooks and possibly children's book illustrations- Are you a children's book author needing an illustrator? Let me know:)





Summer theme- Picnics:

    Another was the development of a Summer theme. One of the things that has been valuable to me in developing collections is to have seasonal themes, whether glass ornaments at Christmas, the seaside in summer, or gardens. These help me to gather specific information and develop a subject.This summers theme is picnics. I will be going on picnics of all types this Summer and am hoping to develop a series of picnic themed prints so keep your eyes open for those. I will probably be posting a few of them on Instagram.






Stübing:

We did not have an urban sketching meet up this month but I did quite a bit of it myself. Combining my picnic theme with both the illustration and urban sketching aspects, I revisited a nearby outdoor museum, Stübing. Old, traditional houses are collected there from all corners of Austria providing overwhelming sketching inspiration for the urban sketcher. Here is a sketch which I adapted to my 'storybook' illustration style. I also wrote a post about Stübing here.

 Stubing:




 Urban sketching: (To see this whole sketch check out this post)




Trains: 

Coupled with picnicking comes the concept of being out and about and I have taken several train trips. These were not only fun but provided me with a wealth of footage and photographs of trains, stations, and the insides of the cars. I am touching up a sketch of one of the cars today.






All in all it was a fun and full month. I am definitely ready to hit the computer again though...and go on a few picnics!



If you liked this you may like:
May highlights
- April favorites- Spring has sprung
- March Favorites


To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.

Comments

Popular Posts