Followers

Book review- Blütenträume- Inspiration for flower lovers





   A lovely book by  Ngoc Minh Ngo joined our library this past Christmas, full of inspiration for creators who love flowers. Flowers and plants have played a relatively large role in my artwork since my first botanical illustration seminar several years ago. I didn't intend to necessarily feature plants so heavily it just sort of happened. However, after spending a lot of time with them I really appreciate their complexity, diversity, and design.



 This book is a compilation of artist features. There are of course a couple of florists but the majority are creators who use flowers in their work in unusual ways.


My copy of this book is in German but it is also available in English here. However, I feel that the pictures speak for themselves.  Here are a few of the interesting mediums used by the featured artists:



Clay tablets:





Paper:


Clay/ceramic:


Painted canvas:


Although much less spectacular and colourful than the beautiful creations in the book, I decided to give you a look into my sketchbook. Here are a few of my botanical studies.

Gladiola:



Magnolia:


Orchid (leaves):




Do you find flowers or other plants inspiring? Do you use them in your creative efforts? I would love to hear about it. Leave me a comment.

If you liked this post you might also like:
-My art library
-Book on drawing insects
- Pattern and colour

- difference between botanical illustration and botanical art
-Botanical illustration step by step
-Final preparations for a vernissage last year
-Bouquet of flowers for women's day
-Step by step Japanese maple leaves illustration


To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.  

Comments

Popular Posts