Followers

From sofa to lockdown- inside my sketchbook




   Today a stronger lockdown was announced and thus my invalid sketchbook has slowly transitioned into an urban sketching at home one. I thought I would quickly share a few pages with you. I have more to share later but I will stick with these for the moment. 


  I have anticipated that we would be spending more time at home at some point this autumn and have therefore been slowly stocking up on a few items to make the impending weeks more pleasant. One category of the things I made sure to stock up on are art supplies. As I shared in a previous post I discovered a lovely company in England and was able to order several new and interesting things from them. I was very disciplined and put them to the side straight away. I am looking forward to now being able to open and test them.


   During the transition from October to November my family ran a few errands and also took the opportunity to visit the graves around Allerheiligen ( All Saints Day). My husband kindly brought me once an excellent box of chocolates and another time sunflowers from the farmer's market. These made it into the book together.
 

 

    As the first gusts of winter begin to blow away our wonderfully sunny autumn, I have been gathering the last of the apples and beans from the terrace as well as collecting leaves to paint. I also added the popcorn we ate while watching a film to this page.

 

 We have been extremely careful with our social contacts all year but we did have a few friends over just before the soft lockdown. A friend for a tea and a family later.

 

 During the week of the autumn school holidays I worked on seascapes using a newly acquired book. If you would like to see the results have a look at this post. I learned a lot that week and the family enjoyed getting Indian takeaway.

 And finally, nearly 2 weeks ago, a soft lockdown was announced. I have decided to stop here and share the pages during the soft lockdown with you in another post.

 
 
 
   How is your region doing? Have you been spending a lot of time at home? My Urban sketching group is beginning the urban sketching at home weekly challenges again. I am looking forward to adding those to later pages. 
 
To see the earlier pages of this sketchbook check out these posts:
 





I will be once again offering special Christmas house paintings for 50 euros plus shipping (Contact me be e-mail if interested). Here is a post from last year with more information:

-Painting of your home

I am also willing to paint you an individual botanical watercolour illustration for 120 Euros plus shipping. (contact me by e-mail if interested). This might be the perfect gift for the avid gardner, cook or nature lover on your list.



To get posts as soon as they are published click on the subscribe button at the top of the page or Follow by clicking on the follow button.

Comments

Popular Posts